AMA Supercross Schedule Announced | News
Feld Entertainment today announced the schedule for the upcoming 2021 AMA Supercross season.
For the first time in 25 years, the series will not start in Anaheim, rather, NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas, will host the first three rounds. The Texas trio of races will be followed by a two-race stint at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana.
After Indianapolis, the series will venture west to State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, for another three races then traversing south to Daytona Beach, Florida, for the annual singular event at Daytona International Speedway. Rounds 10, 11 and 12 will take place at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, after a two-week break.
Rounds 13-16 of the 17-race championship will be announced at a later date. Additionally, the remaining Eastern Regional and Western Regional 250SX Class races, Triple Crown and East/West 250SX Showdown events will also be announced later.
Feld revealed one of the unexpected surprises of racing in the bubble in Salt Lake City was the creation of mid-week races due to the condensed nature of the schedule. Racing every Wednesday during the three-week stretch became a fan-favorite while also boosting television ratings in an otherwise non-traditional broadcast window for Supercross. With that in mind, Supercross will host four SuperTuesday races, one in each of the host cities – Houston, Indianapolis, Glendale and Arlington, a first in the sport’s 48-year history.
The season finale will take place at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City as the Utah Sports Commission – a long-time Supercross partner, is once again eager to host the season’s final event and championship wrap up with fans in attendance.
“AMA Supercross is among the most exciting motorcycle racing on the planet, and the AMA is pleased to join Feld Entertainment and the FIM in announcing the start of the 2021 season,” said AMA President and CEO Rob Dingman. “In 2020, Feld Entertainment, the AMA and all our partners, and of course the racers and teams, worked tirelessly and innovatively to crown champions amid a global pandemic. The lessons learned will guide the management team as it delivers another incredible season of racing, while ensuring that all COVID-19 precautions are met and fans get the show that they have come to expect from AMA Supercross.”
2021 AMA Supercross Schedule
- ROUND 1 Saturday, Jan 16 | Houston, TX [EAST] NRG Stadium
- ROUND 2 Tuesday, Jan 19 | Houston, TX [EAST] NRG Stadium
- ROUND 3 Saturday, Jan 23 | Houston, TX [EAST] NRG Stadium
- ROUND 4 Saturday, Jan 30 | Indianapolis, IN [EAST] Lucas Oil Stadium
- ROUND 5 Tuesday, Feb 2 | Indianapolis, IN [EAST] Lucas Oil Stadium
- ROUND 6 Saturday, Feb 20 | Glendale, AZ [WEST] State Farm Stadium
- ROUND 7 Tuesday, Feb 23 | Glendale, AZ [WEST] State Farm Stadium
- ROUND 8 Saturday, Feb 27 | Glendale, AZ [WEST] State Farm Stadium
- ROUND 9 Saturday, Mar 6 | Daytona Beach, FL [EAST] Daytona International Speedway
- ROUND 10 Saturday, Mar 20 | Arlington, TX [WEST] AT&T Stadium
- ROUND 11 Tuesday, Mar 23 | Arlington, TX [WEST] AT&T Stadium
- ROUND 12 Sat, Mar 27 | Arlington, TX [WEST] AT&T Stadium
- ROUND 13-16 Announced at a later date!
- ROUND 17 Date TBA | Salt Lake City, UT | Rice-Eccles Stadium