Coastal Motocross Club, Tasmania | Where to Ride
The track of the Coastal Motocross Club is Blackwood Park, which is about 7km from Penguin in the picturesque Dial Range Recreational Reserve.
The track of the Coastal Motocross Club is Blackwood Park, which is about 7km from Penguin in the picturesque Dial Range Recreational Reserve. It is on a private lease near a designated trailriding area.
The MX track is 1600m long, with manmade tabletops, step-ups, whoops and drop-offs, all using the natural terrain of the park.
The track is seven to eight metres wide, clay based and is ripped, rotary hoed and watered (with an in-ground watering system) before each race meeting.
Tyre barriers define the various parts of the track and the start gate can handle 40 riders. There also is a dedicated nippers’ track.
Blackwood Park is centrally located for residents of the north-west coast and close to the highway, so it has the benefit of quick and easy access for riders and spectators.
Coastal Motocross Club – HIGHLIGHTS
• A natural-terrain track with tabletops, step-ups, whoops and drop-offs
• The track is 1600m long
• There’s a dedicated nippers’ track
• Only 130km from Launceston
Coastal Motocross Club – LOCATION
• Just off the Bass Highway, Penguin, Tasmania, about 90 minutes from Launceston
• Club membership: day $15; annual $60
• Entry: MA licence $10; day ride fee $10
P: 0417 379 779