KTM chose its European Adventure Rallye as the event to provide an exclusive first look at the highly anticipated 2019 KTM 790 ADVENTURE R.
The all-new parallel-twin powered adventure bike has been developed in tandem with KTM’s latest Dakar-winning weapon, the KTM 450 RALLY, to be the link between its enduro bikes and street range in 2019.
2019 KTM 790 ADVENTURE R HIGHLIGHTS:
– Utilizes new KTM LC8c 799cc parallel twin engine, tuned for a wider spread of torque when compared with KTM 790 DUKE roadbike
– Over 400 km fuel tank range
– Lower seat height when compared with larger adventure models
– Low-slung fuel tank
– Fully adjustable WP suspension front and back with long travel and PDS for the shock absorber
– Radial mounted, 4-piston front brake calipers with ABS and offroad ABS options
– Adjustable ergonomics to match the rider and the riding situation
– Spoked wheels in true offroad sizes
– LED lights
– Full suite of electronic rider aid options, including lean angle sensitivity and ride mode technology
– A wide range of official KTM PowerParts
KTM says the new mid-sized adventure bike is designed for more demanding off-road use and is closer to an enduro bike than any of its current adventure range.
Chris Birch having ridden the model said: “I’m honestly blown away by the new KTM 790 ADVENRTURE R. Naturally, I’ve got a lot of experience on enduro bikes and the awesome ability of the big KTM ADVENTURE models, and this just feels like the perfect combination of them both. Obviously, what I rode is still a prototype, but it´s looking in terrific shape. Can’t wait to ride the final product!”
KTM PR Manager – Street, Luke Brackenbury, said at the event: “KTM listens to its customers and dealers throughout the world and the demand for a very hardcore, mid-capacity ADVENTURE bike was something that was repeatedly raised. Make no mistake, this new KTM will be the most performance-focused middleweight travel enduro on the market with a spec sheet to rival machines of a much bigger displacement.”
Full details of the bike will be revealed at EICMA, Milan on November 6, 2018.