FIRST LOOK: 2021 Husqvarna Motocross | News
Husqvarna has unveiled its 2021 motocross line-up highlighted by minor updates to the WP XACT fork and XACT shock.
For 2021 the brand has focused on improving the suspension by adding a new mid-valve damping system for enhanced performance on the WP XACT forks with AER technology. Additionally, new low-friction linkage seals offer refined suspension response on the WP XACT shock for improved rider comfort.
Husky also introduced the new Husqvarna Motorcycles app. Like the feature unveiled on the 2021 KTM models earlier this year, The Husqvarna Motorcycles app together with the Connectivity Unit that needs to be mounted on the machine will be available from 25th of July 2020 onwards as a Technical Accessory for MY21 4-stroke models and the 2020 FC 450 Rockstar Edition. The app enables riders to adjust their engine mapping and gives recommendations for the optimum suspension setting.
What’s new for 2021
- New Technical Accessory Husqvarna Motorcycles app allows to adjust engine mappings and gives suspension set-up recommendations on all FC models
- New mid-valve damping system provides improved damping and consistent suspension performance on the WP XACT forks with AER technology
- New 10 mm shorter fork cartridges and outer tubes offer refined rigidity for improved rider comfort
- The WP XACT shock features new low-friction linkage seals for refined suspension response and advanced damping characteristics
- New roller actuated throttle assembly on 2-stroke models provides smoother throttle motion and improved durability
- New seat cover texture provides exceptional comfort and control in all conditions
- Progressive bodywork for optimal ergonomics
- Chromium-molybdenum steel frame featuring precisely engineered flex characteristics
- Innovative 2-piece composite subframe design
- Interchangeable airbox cover on FC models for optimised airflow
- CNC machined triple clamps
- MAGURA hydraulic clutch system offering perfect action in every condition
- Brembo brake calipers and high-performance discs combining superior stopping power with great control and confidence
- Adjustable engine mapping, traction and launch control on all 4-stroke models
- Electric start on FC models for easy starting when time is critical
- Lightweight Li-ion 2.0 Ah battery
- ProTaper handlebar
- Progressive throttle mechanism and ODI grips allow for adjustable throttle progression and easy grip mounting
- Laser engraved D.I.D. wheels
- Gearboxes produced by Pankl Racing Systems
WP XACT front fork with AER technology
The 48 mm split air fork features a capsuled air spring and pressurised oil chamber for progressive and consistent damping. Extended oil and air bypasses reduce pressure peaks and new 10 mm shorter cartridges and outer tubes provide refined rigidity. In combination with a new mid-valve damping system, the fork is designed to provide exceptional feedback and rider comfort. The setting is adjusted via the single air pressure pre-load valve, as well as through easy access click adjusters for compression and rebound. Additionally, the air pump needed to adjust the air pressure in the fork is provided as standard.
- New mid-valve damping system → improved damping and performance
- New 10 mm shorter cartridges and outer tubes → refined rigidity for improved rider comfort
- Precision engineering, quality materials and advanced production processes guarantee highest performance levels
- Capsuled air spring and pressurised oil chamber → progressive and consistent damping
- Easy access clicker dials → simple and fast clicker settings
WP XACT rear shock
With updated settings and new low-friction linkage seals, the WP XACT rear shock claims to provide advanced damping characteristics for better traction and energy absorption while keeping a compact and lightweight design.
- New low-friction linkage seals → refined rear shock response for advanced damping characteristics
- Progressive setting → balanced with front-end set-up and frame rigidity
- Lightweight and compact
- Pressure balance → consistent damping
- 300 mm wheel travel
Like Husqvarna Motorcycles’ championship-winning line-up of full-sized TC and FC models, the TC 85, TC 65, TC 50 and EE 5 offer advanced performance, youth specific ergonomics and great looks.
TECHNICAL HILGHLIGHTS MY21:
WP XACT forks with AER technology → optimal performance and light weight
New, high grip seat cover for greater comfort
New roller actuated throttle assembly for TC 85 → smoother throttle motion and improved durability
New Formula brake calipers, clutch and brake assemblies for TC 85 → excellent stopping power and improved reliability
New NEKEN tapered diameter, aluminium handlebars offer optimised ergonomics for TC 65 and TC 50
The Husqvarna Motorcycles 2021 motocross range will start to be available in Australia and New Zealand from October onwards at all authorised Husqvarna Motorcycles Dealers.
Learn more at https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en-au.html