FIRST LOOK: 2021 KTM 890 ADVENTURE | News
Shortly after KTM revealed the new 890 Adventure R and 890 Adventure R Rally, the Austrian brand has introduced the 890 Adventure.
The 2021 KTM 890 ADVENTURE comes with more engine grunt, improved handling, added suspension adjustability and rider-focused technology compared to the outgoing 790 Adventure.
KTM positions the 890 Adventure as a capable touring bike for on-road and off-road use, compared to the heavily off-road-focused 890 Adventure R and 890 Adventure Rally.
The new 889cc compact engine raises performance figures to 105 hp and 100 Nm of torque and the 20% extra rotating mass of the crankshaft brings an improved feeling at low revs. The KTM 890 ADVENTURE comes with a refined and stronger clutch to cope with the boosted performance and the powerplant is Euro5 compliant.
A new WP APEX rear shock offers new rebound damping adjuster and an additional hand adjuster for spring preload. 200mm of suspension travel front and rear is less than the 240mm of travel on the Adventure R and huge 270mm of travel on the Adventure R Rally.
Dakar Rally-inspired ergonomics that mean the bike is comparably slim, light and manageable, an accessible seat height, a low fender, a 20-litre tank and KTM MY RIDE navigation.
The KTM 890 ADVENTURE has Adventure-spec tires, a full-size TFT dashboard, Cornering ABS, Motorcycle Traction Control and Motor Slip Regulation, a seat that is adjustable in two heights and a strong yet lightweight subframe for pillion or baggage.
KTM 890 ADVENTURE – MODEL HIGHLIGHTS
- New engine with 90 cc added displacement
- Improved performance with 105 hp & 100 Nm (Euro5)
- Better rideability thanks to 20% increased rotating mass
- Stronger clutch adapted to increased performance
- Engine knock control system (use of low Octane fuel)
- High-quality WP suspension components & new rear shock
- Reworked front & rear brakes for added control
- Improved ABS & MTC settings
- Anodized wheel hubs instead of powder coated
- Handlebar switch with Cruise Control button (software additional)
- Weight optimization thanks to compact motor & fuel tank
- Slim profile, refined ergonomics & new graphics
- Travel-ready with two-part, adjustable seat & low fender
- Smartphone connectivity giving access to music, calls
- Optional KTM MY RIDE app for turn-by-turn navigation