For 2024 the Ténéré line-up is strengthened with the addition of the Yamaha Ténéré 700 Explore, designed for smaller riders.
With its lower 860mm seat height and increased levels of comfort and convenience, the Yamaha Ténéré 700 Explore is designed to make it easier for anyone to discover the Next Horizon, as Yamaha are putting it. The Yamaha Ténéré 700 Explore is a shorter version of the original platform.
Revised front and rear KYB suspension systems feature a 20mm reduction in wheel travel to achieve a lower seat height for easier ground access and greater low speed controllability – and the front and rear spring rates are increased slightly for even more confident handling when fully loaded.
The Ténéré 700 Explore’s screen is higher and wider than standard, giving a 50% larger surface area for improved riding comfort during adverse weather conditions – and the quickshifter with CP2-specific settings gives seamless upshifts. With side case stays fitted as standard equipment, customers can choose to fit Yamaha’s Genuine hard or soft luggage at additional cost.
Ténéré 700 Explore: Exclusive features
- 43mm KYB front fork, 190mm wheel travel (20mm less than Ténéré 700)
- Remotely adjustable rear shock absorber, 180mm wheel travel (20mm less than Ténéré 700)
- Lower 860mm seat height for improved ground access and controllability (15mm less than Ténéré 700)
- 50% larger screen area for increased wind protection
- Side case stays fitted as original equipment
- Choice of Genuine Yamaha hard or soft side cases (additional cost)
- Quickshifter for seamless upshifts
Price and availability
The Ténéré 700 Explore will be available throughout Europe for the 2024 model year. Please contact your national Yamaha distributor for more detailed information on availability and the local price.
The Ténéré 700 Explore will be available in Tech Kamo with dedicated graphics.